Here at Ash Brook, we are transparent about costs incurred. We have a clear pricing structure which will enable you to make the right decisions.
We are confident that our prices are comparable to other local funeral directors, so please telephone us on 0118 982 1111 or visit us to obtain a quote.
The cost of a funeral is divided into two parts:
- Fees due to us for the services we personally provide
- Fees due to third parties, called disbursements, which we pay on your behalf, (i.e. doctors certificates, church or crematorium fees)
BASIC FEES £1545.00
which comprise of the following services:
- Professional services, to include administration, advice on registration and making the necessary arrangements with clergy, crematorium, cemetery etc
- Removal to our chapel from within a 20 mile radius, 24 hrs a day
- Preparation and care of the deceased (including dressing in own clothes if required)
- Private chapel of rest
- Provision of an oak veneered ‘Rookwood’ coffin complete with fixtures, gown and interior
- Provision of funeral director throughout
- Attendance of a funeral director and pall bearers at the funeral service
- Mercedes hearse
- West Berkshire Crematorium fee: £975.00
- Doctors’ fees re cremation forms: £164.00
- Minister/Celebrant’s fee (variable): £190.00
The provision of a standard funeral, as above, totals £2894.00. Additional mileage will be charged at £0.95p per mile.
Please note: if you require us to organise additional services, such as flowers, catering etc, these will be additional to the disbursement costs shown above.
Additional fees will be incurred should you choose to arrange a burial, have a service in church, or wish to use another crematorium. Likewise, if you would like us to provide Mercedes limousines, a charge of £245.00 each should be added.
The total will be reduced to £2730.00 should the Coroner be involved
We know how important it is for you to arrange a funeral that has been tailored to your specific requirements and so we offer additional services and items which will enhance the funeral and provide a fitting tribute to your loved one.
If you are considering hiring a horse drawn carriage or other vehicle to convey the coffin for example, we can make those arrangements for you.
Whatever you require we will endeavour to provide
Additional items might include:
A different coffin chosen from our selection of Coffins and Caskets
Woodland / natural burial
Order of service sheets
Personalised attendance cards
Bagpiper / harpist etc
Recording of service
FIXED PRICE SIMPLE FUNERAL
We appreciate that everyone’s financial circumstances are different and that for some, all that is required is something simple and affordable. With this option, it is important to note that there will be NO service and therefore mourners may NOT attend.
We offer a simple funeral at a Crematorium for the total sum of £985.00 INCLUSIVE OF DISBURSEMENTS
Please note, this is a fixed price and therefore we do not offer any variation to the items included. This represents the lowest priced funeral we can offer due to its simplicity and low staffing requirements. However, we do not lower the standard of care we give to the deceased. If you wish us to provide additional items which are not included below, the pricing will revert to our basic fees.
All fees must be paid prior to the funeral taking place.
Included in our FIXED PRICE SIMPLE FUNERAL are:
- Professional services, to include administration, advice and making the necessary arrangements with the crematorium
- Removal to our premises* from within a 10 mile radius, during office hours (Monday-Friday, 0900-1700)
- Doctor’s fees re cremation forms
- Care of the deceased (excludes visit to chapel of rest)
- Provision of a veneered coffin
- Conveyance to the crematorium in an appropriately dignified vehicle
- Crematorium fee
- The cremated remains to be scattered in the garden of remembrance (with no mourners in attendance)
* Additional mileage will be charged at £0.95p per mile. If we are called to collect the deceased outside of office hours, weekends and Bank Holidays, an additional fee of £135.00 will be charged.